A simple breakfast meal in a drink: smoothies are fast, easy and good for you too! I’ve recently begun adding oats to mine, and I find them to be particularly good for ensuring that your tum stays content until lunchtime!
Once made you can either drink straight away or leave for a few minutes for the oats to bulk the smoothie up into a thick shake.
If you happen to have some pleasant morning sunshine like I did today, take your smoothie into the garden and enjoy while watching the bees busying about the flowers
Carob, Oat and Date Smoothie – vegan
- 1 banana, sliced
- 10 fl oz / 300 ml non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened soya)
- 2 – 3 dried dates, best soaked overnight (or alternatively use 1 tbsp maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup rolled porridge oats
- 1 rounded tbsp carob powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy; I do mine for two minutes.
- That’s it!